Monday, August 12, 2013

Hi y'all!

YAY for my first Blog! 


Welcome to Darling and The... the blog for everything darling, and somethings not. 

I'm Ashleigh- a Coordinator for a Theater by day and a Dance Teacher by night. I have a BFA in Dance and I plan to obtain my MFA in Arts Administration in the next few years. 

I live in a small college town in Virginia in a house built in the late 1920s. Though I often have a love/hate relationship with the small town life, especially after living in a city for 4 years(the closest Target and Starbucks are both 30-45 minutes away), I do enjoy being able to see my family at a moment's notice, aka my mom's cooking. 

I'd like to think my style is classic with a punch of bohemian (ironic? or would Vicki Gunvalson say I'm using the wrong word?). My mom introduced me to Lilly Pulitzer and Ralph Lauren at a young age, but she also introduced me to Cher (my 4th grade Halloween costume) and classic 80's movies such as "Footloose" and "Pretty in Pink." Twenty some years later here I am with a closet full of Lilly and red cowboy boots mingling with my Tod's loafers and Jacks. 

I have an obsession with all things nautical. Last J.Crew season when everything wearable under the sun had an anchor somewhere was a little overwhelming for me... 

My other obsessions include, but are not limited to:
*The Real Housewives of Orange County
*Pretty Little Liars, Twisted, The Vineyard, The Fosters, The Lying Game (RIP), HGTV Everything and so on...
*Food, especially when prepared by my wonderful boyfriend
*Harper's Bazaar
*Dolly Parton
*Essie
*All things Monogrammed
*Tea
*Joss&Main (there will be a whole post on that)
*Flowers (even though I epically fail at keeping them alive)
*Live Music
*Wine, more specifically Wine Tours and Tastings
*Antiques
*Nancy Drew
*RedBull


What am I not obsessed with? Well:
*Facebook- a Blogger without a Facebook? 1 year clean and counting
*Soy Milk
*Driving 30-45 minutes for Starbucks and Target (see above paragraphs)
*Tomatoes

Well, I do believe that's all for now. 
Follow me on
 Pinterest
Darling and The... Pinterest Board
and on Instagram!
instagram.com/darlingandthe

Good Morning Rainy Days-



 Simple 


Thanks so much for visiting, and I do hope you come back!

-A













No comments:

Post a Comment