Thursday, August 15, 2013

Long Day



We've all been there. That long, slow day, where nothing seems to progress and almost everything with a pulse is irate. Our response to technology goes downhill, especially when the word HENCE is thrown around. We start to avoid answering the phone- or at least screen the calls- and emails pile up. "Killing people with kindness" becomes a darling notion. We hear other people complain about their "long days" and silently we say "join the crowd, that's life."


Today was going on track in the beginning. I remembered to return my Red-box rentals, to buy my galpal a wonderfully accurate birthday card for the ever looming 2-4 (welcome to your mid-twenties), and my hair was on point. 

Then the meeting came. Scheduled for 1 PM I had everything ready to go for my client. 
1:05 PM. Okay, maybe there is traffic? 1:10 PM. Maybe I should check my e-mail to make sure the client isn't running late. Nothing. 1:15 PM. Irritation sets in, I could have gone to lunch with my mom and brother when they invited me; man I'm hungry; I have those Habanero BBQ Almonds and Redbull waiting, yum... 1:20 PM. 5 more minutes, I'm only sitting here 5 more minutes. 1:25 PM. Okay, maybe they misread the e-mail and are waiting in my office? 1:30 PM. Nope. Not doing this. 

My boss's response to all this. "Yup, it's just one of those days..." True Fact. And days like this, that's all you really can say.  

So what can a gal do to decompress after "a day?"

 *Paint your nails*

*Grab some SkinnyGirl Margarita, Mojito, or Wine*

*Re-watch FRIENDS or Dawson's Creek, maybe even Lifetime Movie Network if it's been really rough*
......



or the best way to get over one of those days?

Anticipate the #EndlessSummer Lilly Pulitzer sale starting on Monday.

Can I get an AMEN?




No comments:

Post a Comment